Monday, October 19, 2009

God's Country



This my friends, is God's country. We had the priviledge of spending the day on some dear friend's farm just outside of town. Oh my. It was gorgeous and refreshing. My children had so much fun riding Rangers through pastures and between the cows, climbing rocks, wading in creek beds, hunting for geodes and buckeyes...the list goes on and ends with a fire and marshmallows. It is in their blood, you see. I spent alot of my childhood doing similiar things. Roaming countryside. I'm a country girl at heart and long to live on acreage in the middle of nowhere. (Within driving distance of a good school & a Target mind you!) You see, I am not inclined to be a homeschooler. My hats off to you homeschoolers, but it's not for me! And of course, we I chose the town we are in (over another) based on the presence of a Super Target. I know people, it's just one of those things. Roll your eyes if you must. My name is Mandy, and I'm a Target-aholic.

Getting back on track....

Is this creature gorgeous or what? Hundreds of these guys/gals wandering around not minding sharing a little space with the Humans.

Come on Mama's, we know how she feels don't we?











Sweet it is though...















"Moo cow, baby cow!!" is what Amelia always exclaims when we see a baby cow. We saw lots of brand new baby cows that day. I have lots more pictures to share. Till next time! Moooo!!!!

2 comments:

brooke said...

I'm Brooke and I'm a target-aholic too. :) Love the pics. This reminds me of going to my grandparents as a child. Tons of cows everywhere in the pasture and fishing with those wooden poles. Love it. Sometimes I wish we lived out in the country but not really. :) Glad ya'll had a fun time!

The Clary Crew said...

Wow!! I gotta show my Dad! The cows will be quite flattered, too, I'm sure. Glad you didn't mention the cow poop, kids slipping and falling in God knows what, losing their skivies, and poison ivy! We enjoyed you guys so much. Now the farm is yours to share, too! Love the blog!!