Saturday, November 7, 2009

Why I love kindergarten


The boys are away today. They have gone to Oxford to watch the Rebels play some football. Which leaves me & the girls home to just hang out together. It is so incredibly quiet when Gabe is gone! That boy can do some serious talking. Anyway, the beast  Amelia is napping, so it is VERY quiet and Ansley has the opportunity to play a little play-doh uninterrupted. I walked in the room & realized that she's just been hangin' out with her "bat-hat" on for hours. She made it in kindergarten & wears it like crazy. I think it's super cute. She is so loving kindergarten and I think it's all about the arts-n-crafts!



"Mom..stop takin' my picture!"


On to other things, I spent this morning at a John Rosemond conference. Love him. Read lots of his columns...never have bought a book, but so love his style of parenting. His recommendation was..."Pay less attention to your kids & stop micro-managing their every move." Discipline with love & leadership, and we are all been equipped, by God, to parent these children. Those were the ones on the top of my head. Lots of other good stuff too. Go see him, read his thoughts. It's always good to hear a level headed perspective!

2 comments:

brooke said...

I love John Rosemond. Our lifegroup did a study on one of his books and I learned so much. Can't say that I agree on everything but I do love his "grandma" form of raising your kids. I bet the conference was great. Would love to hear more!

Kay-Lynn said...

Man..where have I been. I love your updates and I love the Bat Hat.

Miss you guys!